Your child’s dental health is in your hands, so you need to know when a problem requires emergency treatment from an emergency dentist Miami.
The Agony of an Abscess
If you’ve never heard of a dental abscess, you’re not alone. Many parents don’t know the risks of having this bacterial infection deep inside the tooth that’s caused by tooth decay, a chip in the tooth enamel, or a broken tooth. If your child experiences severe mouth pain and swelling, these are telltale signs of an abscess and you must take your child to an emergency dental services Miami clinic. If your child doesn’t see an emergency dentist, the infection will only spread and threaten their dental and overall health.
The Concern of a Cracked or Broken Tooth
If your child’s tooth gets badly cracked or broken, you must immediately take them to an emergency dentist Miami. When this happens to your child, take the problem seriously and follow these three steps:
- Have your child gently rinse their mouth with warm water.
- Reduce pain and swelling by applying a cold compress to your child’s cheek, but hold off on administering pain relievers until you’ve see the dentist.
- Immediately take your child to an emergency dentist to have the tooth repaired.
Their Needs with a Knocked-out Tooth
When your child knocks out a tooth, there’s a greater chance that the tooth can be saved if you seek emergency dental services Miami within one hour of the incident. To increase the odds of reattaching the tooth, use these tooth-saving tips.
- Only hold the tooth by the enamel and avoid touching the root.
- Gently rinse the tooth in water to clean it, but don’t scrub off any tissue attached to the root.
- Place the tooth back in its socket or in a water-filled baggie with a pinch of salt while you head to the emergency dentist.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Miami, call Pediatric Dental Associates today at (786) 230-1990 or make an appointment.
Pediatric Dental Associates is the destination for excellent pediatric dental care for your child in Miami. Our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Pediatric Dental Associates our network of specialists provide a level of care that is geared toward treating patients from age one. This team approach gives our patients more options and the benefit of multispecialty treatments. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable pediatric dentist who truly cares at Pediatric Dental Associates.