We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Services Provided by a Pediatric Dentist in Miami
If you are looking for a pediatric dentist in Miami, our practice has built its reputation on providing caring and committed treatment to children from six months old and up. We ensure that children receive the oral care they need to keep their teeth and gums as healthy as possible. Our expert dental team is the best answer to the common question, “Where can I find a gentle pediatric dentist near me?”
What Is Pediatric Dentistry?
Dentistry for children is different from that for adults. Your pediatric dentist has undergone the training needed for general dentistry, along with additional coursework of at least two years that is specifically designed to provide the skills needed to work with young patients. Our team of pediatric dentists will provide you with treatment that is tailored to your child’s needs and your budget.
Your Child’s First Visit to a Pediatric Dentist
Your child’s first visit to our office should be scheduled as soon as you see the first tooth erupt through his or her gums. We will evaluate the health of your child’s gums and will look for any problems that might create issues, immediately or in the future. Our team will help to make this first visit to a kids’ dentist as painless and pleasant as possible. We specialize in caring and compassionate dentistry for kids of all ages and will provide the most advanced dental care to your child.
What You Can Expect
Our kids dental care team will typically perform a visual examination of your child’s teeth and gums. If needed, we may also take X-rays of your child’s teeth to determine whether there are any misalignments of the jaw or teeth. This also allows us to check for cavities and other dental problems. Depending on how old your child is, he or she might be able to sit on your lap for the examination instead of in a dental chair.
Our Lineup of Services
We offer a full range of dental services for children. Some of our most common services are:
- Teeth cleaning is just as important for children as for adults. The pediatric dentist will perform a thorough cleaning of tooth surfaces and between teeth to ensure that teeth and gums remain healthy.
- Fluoride applications have been proven to reduce the occurrence of cavities and tooth decay in children. We perform these applications in our office and recommend regular fluoride treatments to promote the best dental health.
- X-rays are an important tool that allows us to spot problems that might otherwise go unnoticed. These images also form a record of your child’s teeth that will be useful well into their adult lives.
- Depending on the location of a cavity, you can choose from tooth-colored fillings or traditional metal fillings. The appearance of front teeth can often be enhanced by fillings that match the color of the teeth surrounding them.
- Crowns are used to cover teeth that have sustained serious damage through breakage or decay. These caps provide a protective shell that shields teeth from further damage during biting or chewing.
- Baby root canals are similar to those used for adults and are typically needed to resolve infections or abscesses at the root of the tooth. Our team has the expertise your child needs to resolve these issues quickly.
- We create custom mouthguards for children who participate in sports activities.
Call our office today to schedule an appointment for an exam or for any of these services.
Understanding the Care of Baby Teeth
Baby teeth need special care. In general, we recommend brushing your child’s teeth as soon as he or she has one tooth and to floss as soon as your child has two teeth in close proximity to each other. Most dental experts recommend brushing twice daily and avoiding sugary drinks or foods before naptime and bedtime. This will reduce the risk of baby bottle tooth decay and will help your baby’s teeth stay healthy.
Dealing with Toothaches
If your child has a toothache, it is important to call our office as soon as possible to make sure your child gets treatment to relieve the pain. Toothaches can be caused by tooth decay, injuries or infections in the gums. We will diagnose the cause of the pain and provide you with the most effective treatment options.
Going to the dentist can be scary for any child, but especially for a child with special needs. Pediatric dentists have two or more years of advanced training beyond dental school that include behavior management and sedation techniques. Pediatric dentists are able to work with parents on the limits and risks of various techniques, and have offices that are designed to cater to all special needs children. Talk to your pediatric dentist about a specialized program of preventative care and treatment that is geared toward your child.
If you are looking for an experienced and reliable dentist for your children, our pediatric dental practice is a great choice. Give us a call today to set up an appointment with our expert team.